And Rachel would like to thank Starbucks for cozy corners, late nights and endless locations because, coffee. Happy first week back college. While you study for midterms, I’ll be studying for grad school. 📚📖👓
In light of my 11:30 pm decision, this fits perfectly. Because I am casually & simply applying to grad school. All my friends, family and coworkers have given me great advice on what to do. Instead of waiting out my year, I’m hoping to be another CSULB grad student with my coffee cups, books and bags that day nerdy things on them. Thanks for believing in me guys, gonna chase that dream.
Study like Spencer Hastings:
- Research: Read books, read journals, search online articles and publications, etc, perform field studies, question everything.
- Study with friends: Quiz your friends, tutor courses you’re good at, work in groups and help each other with assignments.
- Stay organized: File your papers, color-code, organized chaos always.
- Friendly competition: Motivate yourself, join competitions, try not to fight with your sister, remember to encourage and respect your peers.
- Get involved: Sports, debate, language, school productions, writing etc. Participate in anything that showcases your skills and talent.
- Ask for help: Talk to your teachers/profs, get to know your school services, and you can always make an appointment with a local psychologist (before things spiral out of hand..)
- Don’t speed. Just don’t do it
- Stay interested and explore your options: Attend campus tours or events, volunteer, stay connected to peers from different areas, network, apply to more than one option (be it schools, scholarships etc.)
- Caffeinate, but remember to hydrate. Coffee, coffee, redbull, coffee, tea, coffee, sometimes water.
- Sleep: what is sleep?
I’m like 200 away from a thousand followers! You guys are the best! Love all of you!!
We don’t read and write poetry because it’s cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for. To quote from Whitman, “O me! O life!… of the questions of these recurring; of the endless trains of the faithless… of cities filled with the foolish; what good amid these, O me, O life?” Answer. That you are here - that life exists, and identity; that the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse. That the powerful play *goes on* and you may contribute a verse. What will your verse be?
Rest in peace.
I’ll marry a man who knows how I take my tea, coffee, and alcohol
And knows when to make which.
Always reblog Elle Woods in her “fuck men I’m gonna get a law degree” phase
Inspiration. I even have that song they use in this montage on my iPod for just such occasions of “fuckyouness”.
I mean yeah, I have tons of unread books on my shelf, but do you think that’ll stop me from buying more?
tagged by papercranechronicles
1. why write: because there is something that is so simple, so insanely personal, and something so insanely difficult about writing. Its something shared, something borrowed and something stolen. Its is everything that is write (intentional ;-) ), wrong, good, bad beautiful and ugly all in one thing that is so simple, it is complex.
2. aesthetic: blurbs, spontaneous ramblings that somehow are able to tell a story; investigative poetry
3. the process: notebooks on notebooks on notebooks that are lost, left places and forgotten. but somehow, I am able to find the pieces and place them in their right spot.
4. the moment right now: worldwarthree in my head.
5. shortcomings: edits that go deep into the night, coffee stains, spilled coffee, cold coffee, more coffee.
6. a writer is: an expressionist.
i really want to group up with a bunch of poets in a cabin and collaborate on a poetry book ‘alarms of the heart’ style. will definitely have to file this away as something to ‘plan’ for the future
Long beach takin over the country 🎤🎶👢🍻🍺 @brittanyhope @kati_beliso218 @stephstreisand @kris_10_crossman